Saturday, September 22, 2007

What vintage jewelry do you want for the Holidays?

I'm starting a new feature and plan to run it through Christmas, maybe longer. It's called, simply enough "What do you want for the Holidays?" or "If Santa-hubby-partner (or whoever brings you gifts) could bring you any vintage jewel, what would it be?"
I'm going to scout the vintage jewelry world online and every day (I hope) find some piece of jewelry that I have to have. My husband will have access to this blog, in fact, he'll be sent a copy to his work email every day. :-)
I will post my find every day, with the picture and which site I found it on.
I invite you to join in. If you find a jewel you want, post it here, whether on my site or elsewehere, just be sure to mention and link back to the site where you found it. Feel free to send this blog to your gift givers as well.
I love pink and I LOVE Schiaparelli, so the first piece on my list is this pink glass Schiaparelli bracelet:

Found at Morning Glory Antiques & Jewelry.
More Schiaparelli is available in my store here.

2 comments:

junkyjewelry said...

What a fun idea! What I want for Christmas is the necklace that matches this bracelet:

http://picasaweb.google.com/junkyjewelry/RFI/photo#5117522347137223602

At least that's what I want today... (it could and usually does change)

Garden Party Collection said...

That's pretty cool! Wonder if there was other pieces that match. I always figured there were hose pieces that one cam as one thing, i.e. bracelet, necklace, whatever, and without matching pieces. If they nade a necklace, sure hope you get it!